Being stuck at home can take its toll physically, emotionally, and sometimes financially. To help beat the blues and get your creative juices flowing again we have compiled a list of FREE online courses and resources to help sharpen your skills and get you paid.
Art and Design
- Coursera – This was a no-brainer. With hundreds of free courses offered by top universities from across the world, Coursera has a virtual list of top courses for any Artists. From Creativity Innovation and Change by Penn State, Ignite Your Everyday Creativity by the State University of New York and Art & Activity: Interactive Strategies for Engaging with Art offered by the Museum of Modern Arts. These a just a few to mention. Download their App on Android and iOS and visit their site at www.coursera.org.
- CreativeLive – This site was truly an experience! With beginner guides on anything from photography to Music production and Crafts. The classes are taught by top instructors such as Victoria Will, Adrian Grenier (yes him from entourage), and Arianna Huffington. Beginner guides and selected classes free. visit their site at www.creativelive.com
- LinkedIn – Being the No1 professional platform, LinkedIn has cornered the market in career development products. Offering a variety of courses to their users LinkedIn has tailor-made courses for each sector including the creative community. From beginner classes to more advanced lectures they have you covered. Download their App on Android or iOS or visit their site at www.linkedin.com
- Nikon – From beginners to professional Nikon is offering free online classes to help you master your photography skills. With a rich history of educating thousands of students, they have built up a vast archive of techniques and knowledge. Visit their site at www.nikon.com
- Darktable – For more advanced users Darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer. A virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers. Visit their site at www.darktable.org
Free or Discounted Tools
- Adobe Creative Cloud – For those of you struggling to pay for your Adobe tools, the company is offering two months access for free. Just login to your account and go to “cancel your subscription” and you’ll get access to the offer, apparently. If you’re a student, you can get free access until the end of May 2020. Visit their site at www.adobe.com
- Apple – Apple is offering a free 90 day trial to its video and music editing apps. Visit on iOs and through www.apple.com
- The Dots – Looking for community and to post your current projects. Head to The Dots and sign up to join a growing community pf creatives. Download their App on iOS or visit their site at www.thedots.com
Lets continue to support and help our creative communities in these unparalleled times.